Re: Patch for several xmltex bugs

Hi Frank!

On Fre, 30 Dez 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> One thing is missing in the patch, and that is to remove the files from
> /etc/texmf that are now in /usr/share/texmf;  this must either be done
> unconditionally (in this case don't remove them, but move them to
> /etc/texmf/oldstuff_unused (creating it if it doesn't exist)), or by
> checking with known md5sums whether they have changed.  Note that the
> ini files won't be found at their old places in /etc/texmf/xmltex.

There is one problem with the upload you did, or it was intended:
dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/etc/texmf/xmltex': Directory
not empty

The new .ini files which have been in /etc/texmf/xmltex should now be in
/usr/share/texmf/xmltex/config. But in an older version of xmltex they
have been there TOO as LINKS to /etc/texmf/xmltex/. So with the new NMU
package NOT the links are replaced by the proper files, but the files in
/etc/texmf/xmltex are overwritten by themselves, more or less.

So we still have the very same problems now. Or was the current
situation intended?

TOTTERIDGE (n.)
The ridiculous two-inch hunch that people adopt when arriving late for
the theatre in the vain and futile hope that it will minimise either
the embarrassment of the lack of visibility for the rest of the
audience. c.f. hickling.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff