Re: about this list

Hi Mahesh!

On Fre, 06 Jan 2006, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> I am  a debian and LaTeX  user, and have  a few doubts about  scope of
> this list/group.

This list is about maintaining teTeX for Debian, not about maintaining
all TeX related packages.

> pdfscreen is no longer in the repository - and before orphaning it the
> maintainer said that the package was up for adoption for long.

You could use the TeX live for Debian packages (which hopefully go into
experimental soon), please read about it on
	http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html
(or follow this list, there are regular updates). pdfscreen is contained
in texlive-pdfetex.

> Thre are  three or four  packages on /wnpp/requested/ which  relate to
> TeX.

Can you send me the list of what is of interest for you? Probably all of
them are present in the TeX live packages.

> Any reason this group would not adopt them?

Yes, because this group is about teTeX.

> (I ask because I am willing to help out...)

I - i.e. the TeX live for Debian maintainer(s) - need help. Help is
greatly appreciated. You can check out the current code for the
conversion function from pkg-texlive svn repository on alioth.

If you are more in helping teTeX, check out the pkg-tetex svn repository
at alioth. For all of these projects there are TODOs, bugs, we greatly
appreciate if you could hunt some down, send patches,...

Best wishes and hope to see you around here again!

LOW ARDWELL (n.)
Seductive remark made hopefully in the back of a taxi.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff