Re: configuration files in TeX add-on packages

On Mon, 12 Dez 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> > For tipa that would mean moving *only* one file to /usr/share/texmf.
> > First to /etc/texmf/fonts/map/dvips and then to /usr/share/texmf.
>
> Why do the move to /etc/texmf/fonts at all?

I did this because witht the old packages of tetex (prior to the move)
it was *not* possible to move the map files to
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map as this was already a link to /etc/texmf/map!

I tried it first, it died, of course.

> > But as you are already starting to do the move for tetex, we can well
> > wait with tipa for tetex in unstable with the move done.
>
> tetex-base is already uploaded without TeX input files in /etc.

Wow, that was fast, didn't realize.

Well, then we can move the files straight.

> >   - second - work through the packages and do NMU as far necessary as
> >   	necessary
>
> Yes, although an NMU just because of the configuration scheme change is
> probably not warranted;  it's just a should clause in the Policy, and I
> think it is good that way.

But there are still the updmap with -sys etc. What do you think, does
the combination of these things allow an NMU?

Ok, how to continue with tipa?

EAST WITTERING (n.)
The same as west wittering (q.v.) only it's you they've trying to get
away from.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff