Re: tetex-bin_2.0.2-31_i386.changes ACCEPTED

On 29.07.05 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:
> > On 28.07.05 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:

Hi,

> >> This was, of course, not because of these two INTL bugs, but
> >> because I had to trigger a recompile - pdftex links to libstdc++.
> >>
> > As we don't provide any C++ libs I just thought that we could
> > delay the transition until 3.0 has reached unstable....
>
> I am not sure (and earlier I also thought as you described), but I
> think the problem would be that the tetex-bin binary package
> becomes uninstallable after the old libstcd++ has disappeared, and
> therefore any package that build-depends on tetex-bin can no longer
> be built.

I rather think the do it the way round: The old libstdc++ won't
disappear until the transistion is close. But it's not worth to
discuss about that...

EOT,
  Hilmar
--
Artistic ventures highlighted.  Rob a museum.
  http://hilmarpreusse.forum-rheinland.de/