Re: Should tetex-bin really Suggest: lpr?

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> On 24.07.05 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Therefore I am inclined to remove the Suggests: lpr, instead of
>> substituting it by a list of printing alternatives.  What do you
>> think?
>>
> IIRC the default output of dvips after generation the PS is still the
> printer.

Ups, yes, I would have missed that, that's a good point.  However,, some
time ago (the patch date is Fri Apr 23 14:29:36 2004, but that is just
the latest change to the config.ps patch in patch-deb) we dropped that -
we specify no o option, meaning file creation by default.

> I dunno if this was the reason to put lpr into suggest and
> if we perhaps should change that.

It probably was, when o | lpr was still enabled.  But since it is
disabled now, and in fact there's no canonical print command any more, I
think we can drop the Suggests.