Re: CVS frank tetex-base: complete the renaming by removing old named files (now 10tetex-base.cfg)

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

[ about renaming 00updmap.cfg ]

> Well, I was just contemplating.  I'll have harder things to do, and more
> interesting ones, too.

Sure.

>> The check was there before I touched update-updmap. It is nothing
>> essential and I have no problem removing it, but currently, it looks
>> more useful than harmul to me, therfore I didn't remove it. But I might
>> be wrong. :)
>
> I never asked you to remove it :).  I just wondered what the right thing
> to check should be - after all, an updmap.cfg without any font mapping
> is pretty useless, too, isn't it?

Okay. :) Well, without any Map nor MixedMap line, I think you can still
produce PDF files using the "base fonts"...

As for other possible checks: we aren't going to check whether the map
files exist---updmap will do that. I don't see much more that we could
or should do.

But yes, we could probably tolerate the absence of 00updmap.cfg... I
said I would consider updmap.cfg broken without the settings contained
in 00updmap.cfg, but it is a bit excessive: from a quick check, it seems
that updmap has defaults for them.

--
Florent