Re: Packages for tetex-beta at people.debian.org

On 03.11.04 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> schrieb:
> > On 02.11.04 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:

Hi,

> > BTW: we could close #258256 in next upload.
>
> You mean, for sarge? Hadn't we decided not to do this?

I couldn't find a final statement in the bug itself. I just found
out, that dropping that B-D will not break even the backports.

> I haven't looked into the scripts you mentioned in the bug report,
> but do they take into account possibly different library
> names/versions on different architectures?

I'm just speaking about that xlibs-dev. This is a dummy package on
every arch and belongs to section oldlibs. libxaw7-dev, has the same
deps on every arch. After purging xlibs-dev and purging all packages,
on which xlibs-dev depend on, but not libxaw7-dev the package still
build.
The scripts where rather made for packages, which dep on xlibs-dev,
although they need only a subset of the functionality provided by it.

H.
--
"If we were meant to fly, we wouldn't keep losing our luggage."