Hint list question

Greetings,

first of all I would like to congratulate you. Developing the defoma
you are scratching an itch which is badly hurting Linux!

I am frequently working with ConTeXt, a document preparation system
based on TeX. Similar to the NFSS in LaTeX, it comes with a font
hierarchy, and differring from LaTeX, it does not use the Berry
encoding scheme but longer filenames. It comes with a font
installation program on its own called texfont
(http://www.pragma-ade.nl/download.htm).

I think it would be a great idea to streamline this Perl script with
the defoma concept. Unfortunately, it needs one more piece of
information which is not included in the hint file. This is the
information about the vendor, which might also come in handy for
someone who'd like to work on an implementation of NFSS. Also, the
vendor name is part of the X font naming scheme.

Searching the mailing list archives of Debian for "defoma,tetex" I did
not find any related information. Do you see a chance for including
the vendor name in the font hints?

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a