Re: Xdvi problem -- NMU soon?

>     CM> Somehow the alternative for xdvi.bin went from auto to
>     CM> manual and the link in /usr/bin/ was missing. One user who

I have a simple question.  Is it necessary to use alternatives
for xdvi.bin?

It seems there is only one candidate xdvi.real for the alternatives.

Further, in my opinion, it might be much useful to use alternatives
for xdvi itself because there are, at least, two candidates for
xdvi, one of tetex-bin and the other of xdvik-ja.

The same situation is for dvips, one of tetex-bin and the other
of dvipsk-ja.

And I got the reply from the maintainers of xdik-ja and dvipsk-ja
that they are ready to use alternatives if tetex-bin do so.

Please consider this issue, which I requested several times
already.

Best Regards,			2001.6.22

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.