refinement of updmap

Hi all,

I have a small proposal on a refinement of updmap.
There are some (font) packages which need to change
psfonts.map, for example, txfonts (and dvipsk-ja).

At present, txfonts add the entry in config.ps so that
dvips will read a necessary font map files.

But I think it might be better so that we provide a feature
so that such package can fix psfonts.map as it needs to.

Simple such method is to add "debian_modules" or something
in updmap like

common_modules="
  charter.map context.map lucidabr.map marvosym.map mathpi.map
  mathpple-ext.map mt-yy.map mt-plus.map omega.map utopia.map
  xypic.map $extra_modules $debian_modules
"

then a package can do in its postinst

debian_modules=txr.map updmap

to merge the entries to psfonts.map, I guess.

How do you think about this?

Best Regards,			2001.6.17

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.