is HAL going to be removed for the next stable?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone call tell me if there are any plans for the
next stable regarding HAL. Is Squeeze going to be shipped with HAL
disabled by default?

Also, there is this mess going on now with devicekit-power / upower
and devicekit-disks / udisks, which is pretty much alpha software.

I guess these two issues should delay Squeeze for some more?

I already got word from the Debian GNOME maintainer that Squeeze is
probably going to ship 2.30, which should remove most HAL
dependencies.

Regards,
Pedro