Re: Cannot boot xp

From: RLX <rlx36@gmx.de>

> xerces8 schrieb:
>
> >From: RLX <rlx36@gmx.de>
> >

> >>Hi
> >>I had the same problem of not being able to boot XP with the usual
> >>chailoader command.
> >>I changed the disk type in the bios from auto to LBA. After rebooting
> >>everything went well.
> >>May be this helps you too.
> >>

> >Is this the old Fedora Core 2 problem ?
> >
> Hi
> Not really. I'm working with Debian Sarge.
> I first noticed this when trying out UBUNTU Debian.
> First I thought this could be some sort of idiosyncrasy of ubuntu. But
> this happened also with sarge.
> Well, after some 4 reinstalls, I had a look at the BIOS and tried this
> change from auto to LBA.

No, what I meant was : "Is this the FC2 bug appearing in Sarge ?"
As FedoraCore2 had a problem very similar to this: After instaling it,
the previous Windows system did not boot any more. One workaround was
to set the hd mode to LBA in BIOS.
It would be really a shame if this is the same bug.

Regards,
David