Re: installer still not in Sarge ?

From: Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net>

> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:48:06AM +0100, xerces8 wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I downloaded the Sarge weekly CD images on 2005-jan-25 ( label is :
> > Debian GNU/Linux testing "Sarge" - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1
> > (20050122) )
> >
> > annd se the same hungup as in the the september version.
> What hangup?  Can you point me to a previous message?

UIt hangs the same way as it hung in september, what I resolved by using
the RC2 installer, so I thought it is still not merged.

The symptoms are : on the first boot ( from HD, right after copying
the base from CD to HD ), the kernel runs and the init fails with :

can not open dev/console

Then its stops ( a kernel panic IIRC, sorry for not having detailed info,
i thought it is the old problem and I did not record any )

Regards,
David