After update no sound or network

	The last updates to Sarge I applied this week seem to have
damaged discover. In order to get networking up now I have to modprobe
the ethernet driver, then ifconfig eth0 up and then restart networking.
Sound no longer works either. I do not remember if discover was updated
this week. Is anyone else having a problem with some hardware no longer
being detected and modules loaded? Is there a known cure? Also KDE
disappeared from the login choices when Sarge boots.

Thanks,

Jim