Re: Can't install root (resolution?)

Several days ago I reported difficulty using cdebootstrap for a cross
installation, in that it failed to install root on the target
partition.

I've worked around this problem by installing into a single partition
and then subsequently moving files into other partitions.

Apparently I've done a cross installation into multiple partitions
before, but wondered if my inability to do it with cdebootstrap is a
function of that program.

My question is whether using (c)debootstrap to do a cross (hard disk to
hard disk) installation requires that the target be a single partition
rather than a set of mounted partitions broken out of the target
partition.

Haines Brown