Re: Debian UTF-8 support state ?

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 03:58:56PM +0200, xerces8 wrote:
> What is the state of UTF-8 on debian ?
> I installed 'sarge' and see, the UTF-8 is not the default locale.
> Can I safely set UTF-8 ? Will it work ?

I have it set.  It works mostly.  There does not appear to be a
xfonts-unicode package or so so I just got loads of fonts installed.  On
console it's even a bit worse, to get something usefull I have to excute
`uni' every time I log on.  Having the package `fonty-rg' installed
seems important.

Not sure if this is really the best way...

Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom