Re: [OT?] Upgrade OBP and screen resolution...

1) i've noted that this ultra5 does not have the latest OBP revision,
 i've downloaded the latest one but... how can i upgrade? I need the
tftp method? can i setup simply a silo entry?

If it boots Linux then don't upgrade. My experience is that some firmware versions leave the hardware (probably the MMU) in a state that won't boot Linux, I was only able to sort that out by downgrading using a Solaris boot.

2) in my attic i've only old monitor, the best one reach 1024x768@70Hz.
 Can i limit the OBP and linux console resolution so i can use this?

If you are talking about a Sun video card with 13W3 connector you should be able to use OBP to set output-device to something like screen:1024x768x70 However first make sure that the screen has the correct connectors etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk