Re: serial port OK prompt

On 10/01/2008, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On a SUN Ultra 5 with Sun keyboard you press 'STOP-A' to get
> the OK prompt from the OpenPROM  ROM software.
>
> When the keyboard is removed, "console" is switched to the serial port.
>
> Within minicom, my serial line terminal, I did send the break signal.
> I was expecting to get the OK prompt, but didn't get it.
>
> What is the way to get to the OK prompt
> when the console is a serial terminal?
Actually, if the serial line works properly, you should get other
output during boot, such as the OpenPROM version and some mem testing
info if I remember it correctly.
Check your serial line and make sure the settings are correct. The
speed should be 9600 bps (Not 2400 which is a common default value in
some terminal software) I don't remember the settings for start/stop
bits and flow control, but you should be able to figure that out.
Not until the serial line is working correctly and you get that other
info, you can send a break signal and get your OK. Btw, in case you
didn't know, you send a break signal with Ctrl+Pause/Break. (On a PC
keyboard)

/Didrik Madheden

-----BEGIN 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----
Low Bitrate Netlabel: <http://flb.gg8.se/>
Blog:
<http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/>
SKRIVA på Lysator. Ditt Ahrvid-fria alternativ: