Re: Testing 2.6.15-rc4

Thanks a lot for testing!

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, boera@rdslink.ro wrote:

Hi,

Recently I have tested the new kernel on my Ultra 10. Here is a short
summary of my observations:
1) Parallel port (parport_pc) works. I noticed that FIFO/DMA was
disabled by default. With FIFO/DMA enabled I experienced some problems
with previous kernel versions (oopses or complete lockup).
# CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_FIFO is not set

Yeah, I have disabled it as you've sugessted.

2) snd-sun-cs4231 works
3) snd-ens1371 works
The machine is very stable. I'm running apache, exim4 and Arno's
iptables firewall.
I must mention that I recompiled iptables from source because of some
"Invalid argument" messages.

Cool.

The only remaining problem is the unstability of the bttv driver under
SPARC (complete lockup after approx. 15-20 min). I tried just about
every possible settings but until now without success. The strange
thing is that the same card (Jetway bt878) works fine under Solaris
with the bt848x driver, so hardware problems are out of question.

Sorry, no idea about that. I've tried at some point to look at the driver,
but it's definitely above my skills and the fact that I don't have a card like that does not help either.

By the way, the 2.6.15-rc5 has been recently uploaded to experimental and should be built within a couple of days, I hope. I would appreciate if you (and others) would test it, because judging by the traffic on the sparclinux list it causes various problems with X and sound. Please let the list know how it goes.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org