Re: booting a sunblade 100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 10:56:11AM -0800, Matt Dunford wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 07:24:45PM +0200, Riccardo Tortorici wrote:
> >
> > It seems the current D-I for SPARC is broken for Sunblades. I had
> > exactly your problem on a Sunblade 150 64bits. Try to install it via
> > netboot with the image you can find here:
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/images/daily/sparc64/netboot/
> >
> > I tried the 2.6 one and it works. There are some issues regarding the
> > frame buffer (first char truncated). Actually I'm working on a kernel
> > customization in order to fix it. I hope it will work on your
> > sunblade as well.
>
> Hi All,
>
> Many thanks for all of the replies.  Booting via tftp definately
> works.  I have yet to get the installer to complete (it always hangs
> halfway through), but I'm devoting some time to it when there's a
> pause in work.  I've dumped the blade 150 (since it's having some
> other problems) and am now concentrating on a 100.

Hi All,

Just an update.  The daily netboot is working for me now.  Installs
flawlessly - my thanks to everyone who has worked on it!

I've added sparc to our autoinstall system.  Added a few sparc systems
to dhcp, changed one architecture line in tftp and poof they're all in
sync with the rest of our network.  Ah, debian is beautiful.

--
Sincerely,
Matt Dunford