Re: sound configuration

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 18:54 -0600, Neil wrote:
> Honestly, I'm just about 20 hours old with Debian on ultrasparc. I'm really
> new. ALSA? I don't know if it's involved with cs4231. When I lsmod, it just
> shows 2 devices, audio and cs4231. I'm afraid, I won't be able to help you
> out.

Yeah, I'm a gentoo dev trollin', but in the spirit of peace, love, and
harmony (pun intended), you guys might want to check out the patches to
alsa-driver-1.0.7 that improve things on sparc (including a snd-ioctl32
that doesn't lockup)...

http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/alsa-driver-1.0.7-ioctl32.patch-r1
http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/alsa-driver-1.0.7-configure.patch

--