Re: NFS problem

Quoth Mike Edwards <sauron-debian-sparc@psychology.rutgers.edu>:
> Check /var/log/messages and/or /var/log/syslog on both the client and
> the server.

Well, the only NFS related message on the server is

Jul 19 19:30:48 yog-sothoth rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
fuckup.local:611 for /test (/test)

when I mounted the share.

The client's syslog also doesn't provide much information:

Jul 19 19:31:08 fuckup kernel: nfs warning: mount version older than
kernel
Jul 19 19:35:38 fuckup kernel: nfs: server yog-sothoth not responding,
still trying
Jul 19 19:35:42 fuckup kernel: nfs: server yog-sothoth not responding,
still trying

I mounted the share, copied a small file to it, everything went fine.
I copied a larger file (about 300kb), the process hangs and the latter
messages appear in syslog.

I can mount and access other shares from the server, I can even mount
the one I tried to copy to, but when I try to list its contents ls
hangs, too.

Bye, Michael

--
If there's anything more important than my ego around here, I want it
caught and shot now!