Re: [newbie] Install/Boot problem

On Sunday 25 April 2004 18:39, Everard Brown wrote:
> That sounds a very likely cause of my problem, but when I try to
> create the Sun disk label ('s' option in fdisk) that is always the
> default.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I might acheive a partitioning scheme which
> would be acceptable to the install program?

Use "d" to delete sda1 and sda2, and then use "n" to create new ones.
Make sure you use "t" to change the type of the swap partition to type
82 (Linux Swap).

> I already tried to split the space allocated to sda1, but I couldn't
> get the unused part of the partition back.
>
> I'll have a more detailed look at the fdisk options...

"m" gets you a list of commands in fdisk.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org