Re: U5 - woody (2.4.24) - 3com 3crdag675 - pci wifi adapter - madwifi driver

Still hoping for WiFi ...

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, JLB wrote:

> Since no one is answering me-- I'm afraid I'm going to have to corner
> someone who's obviously upgraded beyond the stock 2.4.18 (or whatever)
> that comes with Woody.
>
> ARE YOU USING A SUN DISKLABEL OR A PC-STYLE PARTITION TABLE ON YOUR BOOT
> DRIVE?
>
> I am having HUGE problems trying to upgrade to 2.4.26. Even though I
> compile in support for sun disklabels, the system STILL looks for a
> MS-DOG-style partition table on bootup, then freaks out when it can't find
> it, and drops me into a shell.
>
> HOW DID YOU AVOID THIS ISSUE?

Since you explicitly called me ...

I simply dpkg -i the new kernel image from inside ben tftp image.

More specifically on a Sparc you do need a SUN disklabel with the
partition 3 set on the whole disk.

And no I never saw on a sparc any kernel asking for a MSDOS disklabel. (I
consider myself a 'beginner' still I own about 10 sparc all running
different solaris/linux/netbsd versions)

Saluti,
Antonio Prioglio [antonio.prioglio@britishlibrary.net]

--
    /"\