Re: XFree86-4.4.0 on Ultra5 behaves funny

Hello Fabio,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 12:42:26AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Arvind R. wrote:
> > I installed XFree86-4.4.0 on an i386 and Ultra5, both otherwise
> > strictly Debian-stable. On both, some apps ( I think session
> > aware apps ) have a 10-second loading delay.
> > <snip>
> > Anyone with any clues on this?

>  this question is more appropriate for debian-x mailing list.
Sorry, but actually I'm still not sure which is the correct list for this.

> As you know Debian doesn't include X4.4
I wrote a debhelper script to package X-4.4.0 (99.x) binaries. Need it
because of hardware availabilty problems here. The script is
available from http://www.acarlab.com/linux/debscripts_X-4.4.0.html

> but your problem can be reasonably
> associated to the fact that X4.4 supports ipv6 natively, and that might
> <snip>
Thanks for the pointer - your prognosis was true. I've learnt
about IPv6 and set it up cleanly on my local network - and
am running XFree86-4.4.99.2 on Sparc and i386 Debian Woodys.

THANKS for ALL the replies to this post.

- arvind