Re: SS20 video config?

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:55:31PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Have a SS20 SMP machine now running unstable.

Schweet.

> Video card is a cg6 IIRC.  Having hand hacked XF86Config-4, I'm
> nearly there but now can't find font "fixed".

Uh, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're talking about an
application that is built with gtk2.  I had to learn all about
downgrading and pinning and default distro and such, because Vim, and
just about any app built again gtk2 is font brain damaged, afaict.
Somehow it basically works with mozilla, but you don't want to run
mozilla on that beastie, do you?

> I know I've had this working with XFree86 4.1 or so - I can't remember
> how the hell I did it :(  Anybody's working config would help and be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> I've also got the problem that 2.4.24 SMP doesn't boot - vmlinuz is
> too large or some such message - I know someone else has had similar
> problems.
>
> Any 2.6.3 for sparc32 yet?

Search the archives for answers to these questions.

Good luck,