Re: current status of debian on v880s

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 06:39:41PM -0600, Min Xu(Hsu) wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 Ben Collins wrote :
> > Not sure if it will install, but try the install images at:
> >
> > http://www.phunnypharm.org/pub/for/sparc-folks/disks-sparc/current/
>
> Thanks for the info. Since I have to convince my boss give it a try,
> can you give a rough estimation how likely it can install successfully?
> 50% chance or 90% chance? I am an experience Debian user/administrator,
> but I certainly can't hack the kernel. :-)

If you setup tftp and boot the tftp image, you'll know in about 30
seconds without actually having to touch the disks. If the installer
boots, then you are good to go.

Note, you wont be able to do SMP until I get this SILO work done so that
you can boot larger images (or build your own without all the cruft).

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/