Re: Hello

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:07:31PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > RedHat doesn't acknowledge Aurora; SuSE openly doesn't support theirs;
> > > Mandrake keeps theirs around on the ftp server. All are community
> > > supported. Difference is, guys doing the ports actually have the
> > machines.
> > >
> > > Not that I'm blasting Debian; you see, they have a guy in change of X,
> > > and guy in charge of gcc... Not a guy in charge of Sparcs, Alphas,
> > etc.
If you'd come to the Linux Expo at Olympia - you would have seen Debian
on a Sparc :) [Admittedly, an old Sparc20]  Feel free to ask any
questions that are appropriate at any Debian stand at any exhibition.

If they'd wanted it as a demo. - they could have had the same
distribution on my Alpha PWS 433

Debian _do_ have Alpha and Sparc developers and they keep things well
up to date.

I can, however, sympathise with XFree86 problems.

Have fun with Debian and apt-get  - the initial install's the worst part
:)

Andy