Re: [debian-sparc] Update on mplayer support for Linux/SPARC

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 01:11:28 -0700
"David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> wrote:

> Once I have all of this work done I'll make an effort to create a
> patch for mplayer-1.0preX and maybe even try to figure out that
> color problem (reds and blues are reversed in every pixel which
> points to some kind of endianness bug).  However I encourage

Using the older mplayer 0.91, my problem is quite different: on the
Creator (FFB2+, not 3D) the dark scenes are rendered correctly, with
visible "Robocop-termograph-like" artifacts on the shinier ones. It
smells like the white colour is badly interpreted by mplayer. Taking a
screenshot of the mplayer windows with Ksnapshot shows the correct
colors in the screenshot itself, while the real mplayer window is still
garbled. Maybe a YUV2RGB issue? or X11 driver, possibly. 1.0preX seems
to have the same problem (and crashes at 24 bits of color depth on both
PGX and Creator).

Have a great day,
Antonello.

--
Antonello <etn@libero.it> ICQ 8442040-MSN etn@libero.it - phone: ask :P

There will be no consolation prize / this time the bone is broken clean
no baptism, no reprise / and no sweet taste of victory [Jann Arden]