Compose key on sun type5 keyboard

I have an Ultra30. I used it to write in Brazilian Portuguese. Also I'm using testing distro. Whit the last locales version (2.3.2-7) I can't get accent characteres (using compose key) if set pt_BR-ISO-8859-1 through "dpkg-reconfigure locales", but it works if I choose C (Posix) enviroment. Before locales 2.3.2-7 it was working fine. The disadvantage of using Posix is that all the enviroment goes to English and some applications, like gnumeric, doesn't work with accents any more.
Would it bug?

Antonio Luiz Pacifico