Re: chronic "powerd: shutdown execution failed" problem on U10

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:54:24 -0400
Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:

> Sounds to me like the power button on the front is stuck or something.

That's my guess too.  The only time powerd should ever try to
execute shutdown() is when the power button interrupt arrives.

There was a bug at one point where we'd try to intercept power
button interrupts on machines where the interrupt line was not
hooked up properly, but that is not relevant in this case because
all Ultra10 systems are sane in this area.

Can you show me what /proc/interrupts looks like on your system?
I think I might know what is wrong, and if I'm right this is a
symptom of a larger problem I've been meaning to fix wrt. interrupt
dispatch.