Re: Why did I get not one response? Was:Understanding the porting process

Hi,

I geuss no-one is replying because the answer is huge and takes pages to answer. However I don't know what your target exactly is, but perhaps you should switch to gentoo instead of debian. From experience I can say it runs on a Sun Ultra Sparc 5.

grtz,

Asim

debian_noob@web.de wrote:

Hello guys!

Can someone tell me, please, what the reason is that I did not get one response for my question(s) of yesterday morning? (Here I search the fault and failure first on my side!)
Is it because my English is so bad?
(This I can not believe as some native English speakers told me that my skill is enough to be understood the right way.)
Is it because my questions are so stupid?
(This I can not believe, too. Some hours after my post a user posted a question if this is the right place to post even he has not the right skills in Linux, yet. He got immediate response.
I tried to make all things correct by reading manuals, books, this list and so on. And then I posted my question. Where is my failure, please? Just a post that tells me my question(s) are stupid would be enough. Although that would disappoint me because I thought that the community try to help everyone the best that they can :-(  )
Is it because I post with an alias? (When M$ forces their software to get the 'real' information about the users the open source community cries "I want to be anonymous in the Net". When someone uses this right then he got no response, no answers. A paradox here? :-| )
Please tell me my failures, so I can correct it, because I search knowledge here so that I will be able to help other users soon, too.

Thank you
debian_noob