Re: Hello, New to this listing.

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 02:48, Hugh Saunders wrote:

> On the other hand, i have been using debian for a few years on i386 and
> it was a bit of a stuggle to get it onto my IPC [sun4c]

IMHO linux is not the best choice for sun4c hardware, I think that even
Solaris 7 runs faster, not to mention that sparc32 kernel support is
almost dead. This is of course completely subjective as I've no time to
run intensive benchmarks, so YMMV.
However for sun4u hardware -and since the hme driver is fixed- it
definitively rocks.

--
Irvin Probst
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary