SILO & RAID1

I know this has been discussed before, however still can't find an actual solution.

I *really* need my SS20 to have mirrored drives.

First, I've killed my bootblock from playing around with mds and fdisk. )-: Anyone have a decent rescue cd with 2.4 and raid1?

Secondly, I know SILO supports RAID1: there are many mentions of it in the source, and in the ChangeLog. However, I can't figure out how to do it.

My system boots properly with "md=0,/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1 md=1,/dev/sda2,/dev/sdb2 root=/dev/md1", or it did until I killed the bootblock. But SILO always complains that it can't figure out which device has the second stage.

Is there a configuration option for raid?

And, again, about that rescue cd? (-:

Thanks folks,

A.

--