Re: shuting up "unimplemented Sparc system call ***" messages

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 03:31:24PM +0000, Graham/Aniartia wrote:
> On Sunday 03 February 2002 3:02 pm, Ben Collins wrote:
> > How are you being bombarded?
>
> I'll be working in say emacs typing away on a script & I'll get these
> messages over-writing the information on screen this will happen about once
> every 5-10 min
>
> > This message only prints like 6 times every boot. What 2.2.x kernel are you
> > running?
>
> At boot and then repeatedly untill I turn the machine off. I'm running 2.2.19
> from the woddy rescue disk... I'm using a vanilla woddy install btw.

I am using an IPX with the 2.2.20 kernel (kernel-image-2.2.20-sun4cdm)
and I only get the six messages at boot time and no more. However, I
use a serial console for startup and shutdown and ssh for all other
access. So, if syslog is sending something to the console, I am not
likely to see it. Is there anything in your syslog.conf that might be
sending wnwanted messages to the console?

-- Mark