update problem

Hi,

how this can be solved?

trying to install gnome-terminal:

bwpc050:~# apt-get install gnome-terminal
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, gnome-terminal is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.

Setting up gnome-terminal (1.4.0.8-2) ...
dpkg: error processing gnome-terminal (--configure):
 gnome-terminal

---------------------------
trying to remove gnome-terminal:

bwpc050:~# apt-get remove gnome-terminal
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gnome-terminal
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 1110kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 131667 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing gnome-terminal ...
Document `gnome-terminal' is not installed, cannot remove.
dpkg: error processing gnome-terminal (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
 gnome-terminal

is there something that I am missing? what can I do now to get
gnome-terminal running again? The same is happening with
gnome-session, so that I cannot run gnome at all... :-(

regards
--
Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz, University of Applied Sciences Esslingen, Germany
<hakan@php.net>  |  <hakan@lisas.de>  |  <hakan.kuecuekyilmaz@c-cn.de>