Gabor

	Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:14:45 +0200 (MEST)

	I have an IDE cdrom (from dmesg):

	CRD-8240B, ATAPI CDROM drive
	ATAPI 24X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache
	Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.11

	I can mount ISO9660 filesytems on it and play audio CD-s using the
	headphone plug. But I cannot access the CD from any CDplayers which I
	tried:

	e.g. xmcd, gcd, cccd, gtcd etc.

	I configured xmcd with xmcdconfig and I have found the
	Sun ATAPI/IDE Goldstar CRD-8240 drive there but it doesn't work.

	gcd gives the following message:
	Error: Failed to read disc contents

	I can use the eject button nothing else with these CDplayers

	Gabor
	PS.

	I made a symlink /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc
	which works fine with mount.