Re: Classic hardware problem?

> Is this memory perhaps?  The 'test memory' passes on the 1st MB
> anyway. I haven't tried setting it to test all 64MB.  The SIMMS
> are 16MB 60's EDO.  Could that be the problem?  I don't have any
> other 16's to try, and 8's won't work in it.

That sounds likely. The Classics want true parity (aka 36-bit) memory,
and I don't believe there is such a thing as a true parity EDO SIMM.
(it takes 4 and 16 MB SIMMs).

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87