Re: Boot from CD is a no-go

First, thanks much! to all who offered suggestions for me and my ELC.
Here is a status report:

1. I tried once again to boot from CD-ROM, only this time using a proper
Sun CD-ROM drive. Same error ('Data Access Exception'). Oh well.

2. I found the diskless workstation install instructions on the CD-ROM.
A lot of things that I am not prepared for (RARP, TFTP, Ethernet in
general) are required. (I've been a one-computer guy at home all this
time.) I'm going to get my stuff together and try this out next, but
it'll be a while. Hopefully things will go smoothly...

Thanks,
-- Chris :)

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : http://innerfire.visi.com/