X on a SparcBook possible?

This SparcBook is running slink in text mode fine, although moving the
cursor and srolling down the screen is painfully slow. (Why??)

Is it possible to run X on it? The only XServers provided seem to be for SUN
framebuffer cards. Maybe I could use them on our IPX but they don't run on
the Book for sure.

As the computer has a P9000 graphics chip I think it should be possible to
run the corresponding XFree86 server after a recompile. Or is there more
than a simple recompile necessary?