Re: glibc 2.1.1 linking problems

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 07:12:29PM -0400, Steve Dunham wrote:
> >
> > It's your favorite debian developer again. :)
> >
> > Your glibc "chown" hack has one minor problem: Old libraries which
> > reference "chown@@GLIBC_2.1" won't link (compile time) with the new
> > libc.  (The load-time linking works fine.)
>
> Interesting, I hadn't noticed it really.

i installed libc6 2.1-1 from master.debian.org/~bcollins and now the
whole system is dead. dpkg doesn't work, i can't seem to be able to
log in remotely. i get something like chown  not implemented. ldd
doesn't work and so on. any ideas how i can fix this?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |