Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 03:01:59PM +0000, Steve Dunham wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> > >     Steve> Also - I've never had the init locking syndrome on my SS20
> > >     Steve> - I've had lock ups during the boot sequence, but never
> > >     Steve> init itself.  What kernel is Stephen running?
> > >
> > > This is with a 2.2.0-pre7 kernel.  I've got 2.2.5 on some boxes at work
> > > but haven't upgraded the SS5 at home.  As soon as I work out which
> > > files to replace I'll build a new kernel. :)
>
> > It does the same with the 2.2.5 kernel, which is what I am running.
>
> The stock 2.2.5 kernel or the cvs 2.2.5 kernel?

I've tried both.

> I just tried your new glibc on the SS20 here, and it works fine
> (2.2.5-cvs kernel).  I just installed it over a fresh slink base
> image.

Do you maybe have a lower end sun4m like an ss5 or LX to try on? I'm
using an LX.

> I've backed my sun4u to glibc 2.0.105 so I can compile some stuff for
> slink.  (Update the gnome packages - I can't really do this on an xia
> machine without root since it involves build, install, build, install
> cycles.)

You can if you want, use the new glibc since binaries compiled on it
work fine with the older glibc >=2.0.99. In fact will be better that we
do start compiling with this once the issues are worked out.

> Somebody also has to update the XFree86 3.3.2.3 packages (IIRC,
> Branden did a security update) for slink.
>
> Whoever does the 3.3.3.1 packages should merge in the latest patches
> from UltraPenguin.  They have added accelleration to the Creator port,
> and added an accelerated Leo port.  (I will probably end up doing
> this, but if time permits someone else to do it first...)

I'm not familiar with the X build, but if you send me the patches I
will try to get it done.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation