Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> >     Steve> Also - I've never had the init locking syndrome on my SS20
> >     Steve> - I've had lock ups during the boot sequence, but never
> >     Steve> init itself.  What kernel is Stephen running?
> >
> > This is with a 2.2.0-pre7 kernel.  I've got 2.2.5 on some boxes at work
> > but haven't upgraded the SS5 at home.  As soon as I work out which
> > files to replace I'll build a new kernel. :)

> It does the same with the 2.2.5 kernel, which is what I am running.

The stock 2.2.5 kernel or the cvs 2.2.5 kernel?

I just tried your new glibc on the SS20 here, and it works fine
(2.2.5-cvs kernel).  I just installed it over a fresh slink base
image.

I've backed my sun4u to glibc 2.0.105 so I can compile some stuff for
slink.  (Update the gnome packages - I can't really do this on an xia
machine without root since it involves build, install, build, install
cycles.)

Somebody also has to update the XFree86 3.3.2.3 packages (IIRC,
Branden did a security update) for slink.

Whoever does the 3.3.3.1 packages should merge in the latest patches
from UltraPenguin.  They have added accelleration to the Creator port,
and added an accelerated Leo port.  (I will probably end up doing
this, but if time permits someone else to do it first...)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu