Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 07:56:40PM +0000, Steve Dunham wrote:
> I can probably put Debian on the SS20 here again.  (I've been using
> the machine to develop a Red Hat "kickstart" install for our local
> setup.)  I can definitely test on my Ultra machine (which did have
> problems with your 2.2.1-0.2 package - /usr/lib/apt/methods/http
> segfaults in "pthread_setcanceltype()" - strace only shows calls to
> brk() before the segfault.)  I also have an IPC at home that I could
> test it on.
>
> I really would like some clue as to what's going on, since the 2.1.1-0.1.1
> code works, and they use the same base source code.

Ok, I've recompiled glibc 2.1.1 with a cvs checkout from today. Seems
to work pretty well on my ultra. The problems that you and I
experienced have gone away (apt-get works again). Now I just need some
kind and brave soul to test it on a sun4m :)

The only patch I applied is the chown patch. Also I've setup the
shlibdeps to be >=2.0.99 since anything compiled with the should be
compatible with slink's libc, let me know otherwise.

http://master.debian.org/~bcollins/glibc/

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation