Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 10:35:39AM -0700, Joel Klecker wrote:
> > >Ben, I'm currently recompiling without sigstack and sigaction.  (So I
> > >just have your chown patch.)  If it works, we may also want to add the
> > >attached patch (it may fix the problems with non-cvs kernels).

> > Send me the latest version of the chown patch, please.

> Here is the patch, the final one we will use. I am compiling the latest
> cvs right now, I'll need some one to test it on a sun4m machine for me
> though.

I can probably put Debian on the SS20 here again.  (I've been using
the machine to develop a Red Hat "kickstart" install for our local
setup.)  I can definitely test on my Ultra machine (which did have
problems with your 2.2.1-0.2 package - /usr/lib/apt/methods/http
segfaults in "pthread_setcanceltype()" - strace only shows calls to
brk() before the segfault.)  I also have an IPC at home that I could
test it on.

I really would like some clue as to what's going on, since the 2.1.1-0.1.1
code works, and they use the same base source code.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu