RE: Getting Started with SUNny

From:	SMTP%"debian@dragonfyre.soark.net"  8-JUL-1998 23:32:40.49
To:	TAYLOR
CC:
Subj:	Re: Getting Started with SUNny

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:30:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Kysh Dragon <debian@dragonfyre.soark.net>
To: sjc@delphi.com
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Getting Started with SUNny

>> To add insult to injury...being all on 1 105 MB drive (some of which
>> is swap space)....there are NO MAN PAGES and no other docs.
>> It is just me and my broken system.
>
>I believe manpages are an extra purchase when buying SunOS.

I don't recall manpages being an extra cost item. When I had 2 105mb
harddrives I did not install manpages, because it took up to much space.

>> ok...soo...
>> from unsmae -a I get:
>> SunOS medusa 4.1.3_U1 1 SUN4C
>>
>> It has 24 MB of ram...now onto the problems...
>> I type fdformat
>> it asks me to put a floppy in the drive...I do...
>> then it complains...errors... says something is wrong
>> if I halt the system and issue eject the disk ejects.

To format the new drive, if I remember it correctly (it been
a while since I have used SunOS 4.1.3_u), the command is
format /dev/sdb. This should allow you to partition and format
the drive.