Re: sparc-linux

Stephen J. Carpenter writes:
 > On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 02:52:16PM +0200, Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr wrote:
 > > 	I would like to try the sparc/linux debian system on an old
 > > Sun IPC. I have downloaded the file resc1440.bin in the directoty
 > > ok> boot floppy
 > > boot device: /fd
 > > can't read disk label
 > > can't open Sun disk label packages
 > > can't open boot device
 > >
 > > What is wrong ?
 >
 > I asked a while ago here baout making boot floppies....
 > I had no luck either making them (YET) but...I don't have a hard
 > drive to install on yet either so....
 >
 > I heard that I need to format them on the SUN first and THEN rawrite
 > the disk onto the floppy. I am still unsure of ho wto do this...

In fact, the problem is with my floppy (on the very first sector). I
see it when I try to reformat the disk. So format is always useful
since it tell you if the floppy has a some defect.

But I am still not able to boot the system. I have been able to go all
the way through the installation process (using a nfs mounted
directory containing the debian archive). But when I reboot the
machine, I get the following error:

/sbin/unconfigure.sh  cannot create temp file for here document:
read-only filesystem

The boot process stop there and if I press return, it switches to level
6 and does a reboot.

Is it a bug ?