Re: [USER] DocBook with non-English labels?

On Saturday 24 July 1999, at 15 h 23, the keyboard of Rafael Laboissiere
<rafael@icp.inpg.fr> wrote:

> containing user customizations.  You might try putting
> "\selectlanguage{french}" (or whatever) in this file.  I never tried this
> myself though.

No, it fails, wether with 'francais' or 'french' (francais.sty is there, with
babel):

%   jadetex simplebook.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.2)
(simplebook.tex
JadeTeX 1998/10/05: 2.2
(jadetex.cfg

! Package babel Error: You haven't defined the language francais yet.

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.1 \selectlanguage{francais}

This is after I've set:

(define %default-language% "fr")