Re: Intent to package: docbook-to-man-ans

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 10:42:31AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Saturday 3 July 1999, at 15 h 44, the keyboard of "W. Borgert"
> <debacle@knorke.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> How does it compare to docbook2X?
>
> http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/comp/docbook2X/

I didn't know about these tools before and I am too
lazy^H^H^H^Hbusy to test and compare the tools, as
long as I have one tool that works for me.  As I
can see docbook2X is written in perl, whereas
docbook-to-man is written in C.  The first is GPLed, the
latter has an X-like license.  Maybe someone is willing
to compare the tools, now that both are packaged?  It would
be interesting to see how the tools compare in respect to
output quality, speed and error behaviour.

Best regards,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>