Check for revocation certificates before running apt-get?

Hi,

is it possible to hook apt-get somehow to do some action done before
apt-get starts any network activity?

I would like to add refresh gpg keys from a server first to check if any
of them have been revoked in meanwhile.

There are hooks for dpkg (DPkg::Pre-Invoke, DPkg::Post-Invoke), but not
really for apt-get?

Closest thing for now seems to use dpkg-divert and a wrapper? Do you
have any better solution in mind?

(I am asking this because I would like to add such a feature to Whonix,
which is a derivative of Debian. Hope you don't mind me asking here.)

Cheers,
adrelanos